Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Real Love: For the Love of the Green Card

Last week I read a very interesting article on Huffington Post about a couple who married for a green card and for love as the post declared. What struck me most about what I was reading was the honesty that the writer wrote with. It also made me think of a close acquaintance that recently went through the same situation. My initial thoughts after reading the article were "are you crazy?" This is can't be true love, it just can't. But then again who am I to judge on how authentic this couples love is? Then I even thought about my own personal situation with my close friend, was I as supportive as I could’ve been or was I quick to jump up and judge what I thought their love should look like? I will admit working in the wedding industry in some ways taints your views of what love should be. You see so many storybook couples that you sometimes forget that love comes in many different ways and sometimes it’s fast and hard and other times it’s slow and steady. Whatever kind of love we receive we should really embrace it because in a world filled with so much uncertainty love always remains constant. So have you ever been in a situation such as this? If so please feel free to share, I would love to hear your thoughts on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment